Monday, April 28, 2008

Presently, and Perfunctorily, a Procrastinator

Fyi, 'perfunctorily' doesn't fit in the above post heading - I really just wanted a fun, smart-sounding word that would accommodate my already alliterative heading...(I'm not really sure if alliterative is really a word - pretty much, take all of my words with a grain of salt :).

I can't write much because I'm procrastinating already.  I have a paper/final due tomorrow night at 11:00 p.m. and I haven't started it.  I'm writing in the hopes that I will convince myself to stop procrastinating (ironic, isn't it?).  Since my past record proves that I have no clout on this subject, I'm providing some quotes on the subjects of procrastination and time:

"Procrastination is the grave in which opportunity is buried."
~Unknown

"Procrastination is, hands down, our favorite form of self-sabotage."
~Alyce P. Cornyn-Selby

"Procrastination usually results in sorrowful regret.  Today's duties put off until tomorrow give us a double burden to bear; the best way is to do them in their proper time."
~Ida Scott Taylor

and my favorite:

"Don't count every hour in the day, make every hour in the day count."

Will I ever learn?  

Ecclesiastes 3

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love that I now have permission to take everything you say with a grain of salt! JUST KIDDING! I must say...you're showing me up on the blogging...I've got nothing lately. Oh, I love that first procrastination quote. Love ya!